Thursday, February 14, 2008

Check out my new eyelashes


Ya know, every so often you’re going along in life feeling pretty good about yourself and “wham” along comes a day that shakes your confidence. Actually, I’ve had a couple of humbling days recently. Pat and Mike, friends of Mom and Dad, have come into my shop with their “cute little poodle”, Coco Chanel (Mom and Dad’s description, definitely not mine). Coco is small (meaning thin around the middle), very feminine and exceptionally well groomed; three attributes I’ve aspired to but haven’t acquired! I’m a Bischon Frise, I never have been, nor ever will be, trim through the middle. My family has always come to my defense when people comment that I’m overweight – do people think I can’t hear them? My people say they like me this way, it’s just my nature, Bischons are thick and sturdy. I’m not very feminine either but I am quite photogenic. And the grooming part isn’t much fun, I’d rather people didn’t fuss with me too much, all that brushing makes my eyes water. I felt a little like a “has been” each time Coco left, so Chris tried to cheer me up. She had some fuzzy stuff she’d cut from a scarf. She added double stick tape and made me a fantastic pair of false eyelashes (sexy photo, huh?). I must have really looked cute because everyone who saw me went on-and-on. They acted like they’d never seen a dog with false eyelashes! I got so much attention that I left them on all afternoon. I heard favorable comparisons to Tammy Faye Baker and Zsa Zsa Gabor – those are fancy names just like Coco Chanel. Now I have my confidence back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home